Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A.F. + B.O. = B.F.F.

With everyone going insane over Barack Obama, I can't help but feel that he's going to take over the world. I imagine that this is what Hitler was like before people realized he was a maniac. But, I wasn't around back then so I can say nothing for sure. And, the fact that Barack seems to be a darling candidate may just be a lie of the media. Perhaps he is benign and popular. Perhaps he is malicious and popular.

Arcade Fire's Win Butler says "Barack is the first candidate in my lifetime to strip some of this bullshit away, and I just hope we don't blow this chance."

Arcade Fire is the type of rock band that seems infallible, that can almost do no wrong. Everything I hear about them is good, and their music is very good. Perhaps they are benign, partly Canadian, and popular. Perhaps they are malicious, partly American, and popular.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Perhaps they are partly benign, partly malicious, partly Canadian, partly American, and popular.

Lawren said...

I'm pretty sure Obama's neither benign nor malicious.
He may not be plotting to be a terrible president, but attempting to be everything to everyone is only going to result in his being nothing to no one...