Tuesday, January 23, 2007

a poem, real this time.

I am about to start typing a poem, from scratch. It is about travel. Here goes:

Sunrise on the big boat.
4:30 a.m. up time. I'm supposed to go back to sleep as we fly on the tarmac north to
Tobermory.
It's 6:00 all of a sudden.
The anticipation keeps me awake.
I know there's going to be a light soon.
On the boat, that's when it comes.
Across the endless Lake the pink and yellow shocks the world
Like a 90's jogging suit.
Good morning God, Mom, and Dad. We are on our way.
To beauty, to endless fields, to mountains so high the sun never rises or sets on them.
Except for the one with the Indian in it.
And in the shade of that mountain
God moves. I move. The world moves. My family moves.
Does anyone ever stay still?

3 comments:

Ryan said...

hey man! Nice blog. Nice poem. Nice guy.

Tamara said...

Ben, did you go away for the whole year or something?!

no I'm joking.

Hey, I added you as a friend on facebook I think.

justine said...

ben, you're awesome. keep up the awesomeness.